AINFIN LTD’S PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
AinFin Ltd ('we', 'us' or ‘our’) take your privacy very seriously and we ask that you read this privacy and cookies policy carefully as it contains important information on:
- the personal information we collect about you;
- what we do with your information; and
- who your information might be shared with.
We are a 'data controller' for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR (ie we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information).
Personal information provided by you
We collect personal information about you (such as your name, address, email address) when you contact us or send us feedback.
How will we use the information about you?
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- supplying our products or services to you (please note that we require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- replying to emails from you;
- conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis to improve our products and services;
- if you agree, let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you—see 'Marketing’ section below;
- detect and prevent fraud; and
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you.
Who your information might be shared with
We may share or disclose your personal data with:
- other companies in our group- this includes our subsidiaries;
- our agents, service providers or business partners; and
- law enforcement agencies if we are required to transmit your data in connection with any legal obligation or a statutory authority in connection with suspected fraudulent behaviour.
- We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on our behalf. This may include advertising and marketing. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights; and
- we may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary and for no longer than 5 years.
Monitoring and recording communications
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
|Strictly necessary cookies||These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.|
|Analytical/performance cookies.||They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.|
|Functionality cookies.||These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).|
|Targeting cookies.||These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.|
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
We would like to send you information by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call about products and services which may be of interest to you. Other businesses within our group or business partners may also send you similar marketing messages, depending on what you agree with us.
If you have consented to such receive marketing from us, our group or other businesses, you can opt out at any time. See 'What rights do you have?’ below for further information.
What rights do you have?
- the right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
- the right of access to the personal data we hold about you;
- the right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you (we only hold your personal data for a limited time, but if you would like us to delete it sooner, please contact us using the details in section marked ‘how to contact us’) we have the right to refuse to comply with a request for erasure if the personal data is held to comply with a legal obligation;
- the right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- the right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation;
- the right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please email, call or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below). It may take up to 5 days for this to take place.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy and cookies policy or the information we hold about you. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to [email protected] or write to us at AinFin Ltd, Level39, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AB.
How to complain
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the details provided in this section and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Changes to the privacy and cookies policy
We may change this privacy and cookies policy from time to time. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access this website.